Our sustainable Practices
Working in a sustainable way is important to Charlie's Flower Boutique, that's why we want to make sure we are reducing any negative impacts we have and creating positive ones. So to help us to do this we are going to use a recognised management system called ISO 20121 Sustainable Event Management.
Whilst we are not an event or an event organiser, we are a supplier to public and corporate events and so our operations can directly effect these events.
Currently our practices include the following measures;
- Not over ordering and creating more financial and actual waste.
- Recycling and composting where possible.
- Sourcing alternative degradable materials for packaging
- Water left over from conditioning is used on my garden
- Using materials that can be reused by the customer (jugs, gift bags, transporter boxes).
- Left over flowers are used elsewhere on the event where possible at no extra charge to the client or are donated to local residential home.
- Combining flower orders so less transportation required, also making use of the wholesaler's delivery option so part of a number of deliveries on a route.
- Minimal printing of marketing materials and always use FSC paper.
- Exhibition materials are non-dated and re-usable so reduced waste and makes financial sense.
- Processes for operational control being developed to help create a stable way of working.
- Stakeholder engagement though social media networks and workshops.
We understand that this is not a quick process and will take time to implement the framework but we would like to keep you updated on this journey and will aim to blog about it along the way.
We are currently working on our Sustainability Policy so please check back when its ready. We would love any feedback you may have so please follow the links to our social media pages or our contact page and tell us what you think!